The Singapore Glamberts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dedicated Forum to Adam Lambert - World Idol. Created by his Glamberts in Singapore.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Adam Lambert Twats!
Singapore Glamberts Twitter
Latest topics
» www.bazzarphonesk.com Apple iPhone 5S 16GB $350 NEW
Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 9:31 am by buynow

» WTS Brand New Unlocked Original Apple iPhone 6 16GB$340...info@zedten.org
Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 10:34 pm by lukkysuccy11

» arklatexelectronics@gmail.com
Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 12:03 am by arklatex

» Apple iPhone 6 128GB $500
Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:46 pm by bstore1

Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm by bstore1

Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm by bstore1

Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:43 pm by bstore1

Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:42 pm by bstore1

Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:41 pm by bstore1

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!

Go down 
+5
queenisabella
Adam's Eve
Lynn
Sethshomaru
ooi (admin)
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ooi (admin)
Admin
ooi (admin)

Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! Empty
PostSubject: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 2:49 am

~~~ The Hutch/91.3FM Challenge to the Singapore Glamberts ~~~

The whole story:

DJ Hutch, during the Top 30 chart countdown on 29 June 2009, mentioned that Adam is receiving lots more media exposure as he needs to counter the controversies that surrounds him... he then mentions something about how they are pushing Adam in the media and issuing his pre-Idol album so that Adam Lambert fans will not be converted to Kris Allen's fans by the time his real album is out.

Me and couple other SG Glamberts got incensed when we heard this - what is he talking about? Apart from replying to him strongly via sms... I implored fellow SG Glamberts to sms 91.3FM to show our displeasure - we GLAMBERTS do NOT convert so easily... especially NOT to Kris Allen!!

Via sms and twitter, the call was heeded and YOU sms him to register your displeasure! He was shocked at the response and couldn't understand why we were angry with him.

Hutch/91.3FM then tried to call some SG Glamberts to talk on air (but he chose to ignore me) and he got Evelyn - one of our newest and youngest SG Glamberts! She was GREAT! She was steady and cool and proclaimed that Adam is for FOREVER! Hutch/91.3FM then challenge her to this:

This time next year, if any one of Adam's songs is No.1 on the chart on 91.3FM, HE will do ANYTHING that the Glamberts want him to do. If Adam is NOT No.1, we have to gather outside of SPH with a sign that says that Hutch is Right!

Evelyn accepted the challenge!! (How cool is she?!?!) (Will talk about the Challenge below)

Explanation:

After which he called me and I had a long chat with him - essentially he explained what he actually tried to communicate to the listeners and I explained how he came off sounding. In the end, we agreed that he never meant to insult the Singapore Glamberts but just sounded like he was; he was trying to explain the story of how some fans are fly-by-night fans who only supports whoever is popular at the moment and was not targeting the diehard, true-blue fans of Adam's.

Hutch subsequently APOLOGISED to all Adam's fans on air 'live' and explained that he never meant to insult us and never meant to refer to his diehard fans!

Hurtful & Vulgar Words:

Out of our conversation, another issue came up - some of us were sending hurtful sms with cuss words, with calls for him to quit etc. As he pointed out, this is his job, there is ABSOLUTELY no need to make it become personal and hurtful - AND I AGREE WITH HIM!

We are passionate and we would definitely always defend Adam when we feel we need to. BUT please refrain from using vulgar language and to try to keep our protests, our sms, our tweets, our emails as professional, gracious and fair as possible. Please refrain from personal attacks! Please do not threaten the livelihood/jobs of people! Remember, Adam would not like us to be this negative! Let's try to be known as passionate, fun-loving fans and not terrorists!

As we put this controversy to rest... I ask that you sms 91.3FM (+6597170913) to accept Hutch's apology and to show our support of 91.3FM >> 91.3FM has always supported ADAM and his music (when the other stations have not). Let's acknowledge their extensive support of Adam and the airplay that they have given to his music! Let's be gracious, positive Glamberts!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CHALLENGE

As Founder & Rep of the Singapore Glamberts, we will take the challenge that Hutch has issued on-air: this time next year, if one of Adam's songs is No.1 on 91.3FM, Hutch will do anything that we want him to do (just a note: we do NOT want him to quit and will NOT ask that he quit). Conversely, if Adam is not No.1, the Singapore Glamberts will gather outside SPH with a sign saying that Hutch is RIGHT!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singapore Glamberts... we can easily accomplish this challenge! Adam WILL DEFINITELY be No.1 next year at this time and date!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted this challenge on AdamOfficial.com too. You can find it here: http://www.adamofficial.com/node/263211

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Sound off below... what do you think of this whole controversy?)

Last edited by ooi (admin) on Tue 30 Jun 2009, 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://singaporeglamberts.forumotion.com
Sethshomaru

Sethshomaru

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:31 am

Really, Hutch should've known better than to say things like this, especially when issues like these are bound to cause backlash. But if he had meant fairweather fans, that's inevitable and for that, I understand.

However, the way he phrased it did really get on my nerves. The first time he did it, I let it go. But when this issue cropped up, I sent him a text message, stating my disagreement at that sweeping statement of his, in a most respectable manner and with a causal fan's POV (but kept it anonymous). In response, he asked me if Adam would still be as popular a year later, to which I replied that as long as Adam is still able to keep his thunder from being stolen by the next AI winner, he will still be able to.

On the other hand, it's not at all nice to send messages using profanities and personal attacks, just because we're pissed off at his tactlessness, cos it would reflect really badly on us Singapore Glamberts. And also, telling him to quit was also being uncalled for. Such behavior is barbaric and not at all gracious, and I myself can never condone this kind of behavior. I too believe Adam wouldn't like us fans to behave this way.

Since Hutch has apologized, it shall be accepted graciously and I too hope he watches his words carefully the next time round. As for the challenge he issued, I too am all up for it!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Sethshomaru
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 9:07 am

Mr. Hutch deserves what he gets. His job is to present the top 30s countdown and not to utter nonsense that would inflame the fans. Based on his own pleasure and agenda, he mentioned that the media and the release of the pre Idol album was so that people will not forget Adam and convert to be Kris Allen fans. This is the most superficial statement I have ever heard and it is doing injustice to Adam's talents. Where is the evidence? Does Adam need all these media to stay ahead? Come on - use his pig brain. Mad Suspect Adam and Kris are different, he should have better judgement and common sense than to create unhappiness on the AIR! Mad Is it a joke? I doubt so. However, I can see him and Kris's fans gleeing with joy. This guy is getting too smug for his own good.

I'm ashamed that this is coming from a Singaporean DJ! No And when he started to receive displeasure from Adam's fans, he twisted his words to say that HE DID NOT MEANT IT FOR DIE HARD ADAM'S FANS, JUST THE CASUAL LISTENERS?? Who is he kidding? Don't he know that Adam's fans will be listening to pass such insensitive remarks? Are we supposed to think "Oh Hutch is so cute and funny? He did not meant it for us" He has hurt some of his listeners in a personal way - does he expect that this will pass without receiving similar treatment back? Just do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you.

Pauline, this has nothing to do with being mean and I do not even think that quit is a vulgar word. If a person is not professional, he should just do that. If a Sales manager does not meet his figures, he should quit. Same as if an accountant present nonsense on his reports in EXCO and cause a big huha. As for a DJ - he should just go and self reflect and get a warning for this.

Lastly he got the cheek to call up Adam's fans and issue them a challenge on air? Based on his terms?? And who is to ensure that on 29th June 2010, the votes would not be counted to his advantage? I do not trust the man as his behaviour has dented on his credibility.

There is a limit to fans' patience. Don't play play with us. We can escalate this.
Back to top Go down
Adam's Eve

Adam's Eve

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:24 pm

i didnt listen to all this on radio, but when i read this i grew from this Very Happy to this Neutral to this Evil or Very Mad to THIS Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . SERIOUSLY I WAS ANGRIER THAN WHEN MY CAT POOPED ON THE FLOOR!!! ughh even whenn he apologises, i am soooo gonna round up some adamastic buddies to vote for him on no.1 this time next year!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

once an adam fan, always an adam fan.

and hutch, i personally ACCEPT your challenge. just. you. WAIT. Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil Mad Twisted Evil

peace ya'll
Back to top Go down
ooi (admin)
Admin
ooi (admin)

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 7:57 pm

Everyone... Let's Try to Turn this to a POSITIVE CHALLENGE... Let's keep it FUN and POSITIVE!

Remember... Let's Always Approach Things with a Sense of Humour!

Now... 91.3FM has always been supportive of Adam - they are the ONLY radio station playing Adam's music regularly. So let's not be ungrateful!

Hutch has always been fair in the Top 30 Chart countdown - Adam has been on TOP for awhile now.

So let's take this challenge in the RIGHT SPIRIT and MAKE ADAM PROUD!
Back to top Go down
queenisabella

queenisabella

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 9:03 pm

Firstly when I heard hutch say that, I was seriously irritated... and we will SO get Adam to no 1 next year and the year after that and 50 years after that!!! DOn't mess with the Glamberts!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyThu 02 Jul 2009, 3:21 am

ooi (admin) wrote:
Everyone... Let's Try to Turn this to a POSITIVE CHALLENGE... Let's keep it FUN and POSITIVE!

Remember... Let's Always Approach Things with a Sense of Humour!

Now... 91.3FM has always been supportive of Adam - they are the ONLY radio station playing Adam's music regularly. So let's not be ungrateful!

Hutch has always been fair in the Top 30 Chart countdown - Adam has been on TOP for awhile now.

So let's take this challenge in the RIGHT SPIRIT and MAKE ADAM PROUD!

So what's wrong with the other stations?? Why arent they playing Adam's songs? Can we do something about this?
Back to top Go down
noralambert

noralambert

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyThu 02 Jul 2009, 11:05 pm

once a fan, always a fan..

and glamberts, never ever resort to vulgarities okie? coz we are a bunch of classy glamberts!
Back to top Go down
serene_sg

serene_sg

Location : SG-Glambert #3, Glamb #14, Globert #383, Glambert #2612

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyFri 03 Jul 2009, 12:38 am

Hutch is alright.
Although, I wasnt happy with what he said.
But I guess he didnt mean it, it just came out wrong.
It wasnt intentional.
Furthermore, there is freedom of speech in Singapore.
He is entitled to his opinions like we are entitled to ours. Very Happy

Anyways, he apologised.
So whatever it is.
Let the entire matter rest. PERIOD.

===================================

Furthermore, its good to have him on our side.
He'll help us talk about Adam more and hopefully its the good stuff. LOL.
And this is really important when Adam releases his album.
We want him to say GOOD things and keep playing Adam's songs on the radio right? Very Happy
We need as many people in Singapore to buy Adam's album so that sales is good.
And he will come to Singapore for an album promo.
That is what we really want right?

===================================

So let's keep supporting the Top 30 countdown and 91.3.

Let Mad World be the longest song to have stayed at No.1 for all time!

Anyone with me? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ooi (admin)
Admin
ooi (admin)

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyFri 03 Jul 2009, 4:06 am

Serene... well put...

Please refrain from vulgarities and personal attacks. Let's try to be the gracious and magnanimous one!

Furthermore, DJ Hutch has make his peace with the Singapore Glamberts - he will look to us for the latest Adam news and will share that news on air. He will then cite the Singapore Glamberts as the source of the news.

Let us continue to support 91.3FM as they continue to support Adam!
Back to top Go down
Adam's Eve

Adam's Eve

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 3:29 pm

they played it on 95.0FM. my mom told me when she was listening to it in her car.
Back to top Go down
ooi (admin)
Admin
ooi (admin)

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 9:26 pm

That's great! Which song? And for what program?? Must thank the DJs there!
Back to top Go down
Adam's Eve

Adam's Eve

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 11:27 am

it was no boundaries.

the flying dutchman or glenn on said ''no boundaris by adam lambert - BRILLIANT!''. cheers cheers cheers

it was during the morning show on last friday.
Back to top Go down
wxteoevilyn

wxteoevilyn

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010, 11:35 pm

OMGGG! one yearrrr! that's fast! im still so ready for the bet man:D
THIS IS GONNA BE SO FUN:)
Back to top Go down
ooi (admin)
Admin
ooi (admin)

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptyThu 25 Mar 2010, 11:39 pm

wxteoevilyn wrote:
OMGGG! one yearrrr! that's fast! im still so ready for the bet man:D
THIS IS GONNA BE SO FUN:)

HA HA HA.... we LOVE radio 91.3FM now lah!

lol!

Razz Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
halo92

halo92

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:26 am

we WILLL win the bet! It's ADAM LAMBERT! haha!
flower
Back to top Go down
http://desgarrador-verdad.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!   Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hutch/91.3FM CHALLENGE to the SINGAPORE GLAMBERTS!
Page 1 of 1