The Singapore Glamberts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dedicated Forum to Adam Lambert - World Idol. Created by his Glamberts in Singapore.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Adam Lambert Twats!
Singapore Glamberts Twitter
Latest topics
» www.bazzarphonesk.com Apple iPhone 5S 16GB $350 NEW
Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 9:31 am by buynow

» WTS Brand New Unlocked Original Apple iPhone 6 16GB$340...info@zedten.org
Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptyMon 09 Feb 2015, 10:34 pm by lukkysuccy11

» arklatexelectronics@gmail.com
Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 12:03 am by arklatex

» Apple iPhone 6 128GB $500
Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:46 pm by bstore1

Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm by bstore1

Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm by bstore1

Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:43 pm by bstore1

Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:42 pm by bstore1

Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 7:41 pm by bstore1

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
qiheitiann

Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT Empty
PostSubject: Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT   Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT EmptyFri 21 Oct 2011, 12:02 am

Jean-Sebastien Giguere returned to Toronto and outduelled the young goaltender who took his job.

Giguere made 27 saves and David Jones scored at 1:11 of overtime Monday as the Colorado Avalanche defeated the Maple Leafs 3-2.

Giguere signed as a free agent with the Avalanche after spending with the Maple Leafs that ended with him losing the starting goaltending job to rookie James Reimer.

While he has found new life with the Avalanche, winning both his starts so far, he doesn't regret his time in Toronto.

"I had a good time playing here, even though it didn't go the way I would have discount jerseys liked on the ice," he said. "I have a bunch of respect for them. I think they're going to be a good team this year."

Reimer, who made 21 saves, gave credit to his former mentor.

"Obviously, I looked up to him as a kid, watching him play. He was one mlb jerseys cheapof the goalies I loved to watch," Reimer said. "So to get to play with him last year was great and to play against him was a pretty cool experience, but all that seems pretty useless right now since we lost."

Jones gave the Avalanche (5-1-0) their first perfect 5-0 road trip in club history when he buried the rebound of a Kyle Quincey shot past Reimer.

Daniel Winnik and Milan Hejduk had the other Colorado goals, nhl jerseys cheapwhile Phil Kessel, with his sixth of the year, and Nikolai Kulemin replied for the Maple Leafs.

Toronto (3-0-1) suffered its first loss of the season and failed to reach a 4-0 start for the second straight year.

Meanwhile, the Avalanche ended off their longest road trip of the season with a perfect 5-0 record. It's their first perfect road trip of that length in club history.

After a scoreless first period, Kessel got the Leafs on nfl jerseys from china the board just 19 seconds into the second. The sniper led a Toronto rush and ripped a shot past Giguere's shoulder after crossing the blue-line.

Colorado tied it just over three minutes later at 3:31. Ryan O'Reilly brought the puck into the Leafs zone before passing back to a trailing Winnik, whose low shot beat Reimer through the five-hole.

"There's a couple [Reimer] obviously would want back but he made a number of saves that sort of makes up for it," said Leafs coach Ron Wilson. "It was one of those nights, unfortunately. They got some lucky bounces on two of the goals."

The Leafs had a chance to take the lead later in the period, but Kulemin cheap nfl jerseys missed a chance at an empty net when Giguere was out of position and Clarke MacArthur was stopped on a follow-up chance.

Colorado's second goal came on the power play with just over five minutes left in the second. With Tyler Bozak in the box for interference, Hejduk let a shot go from the right side that beat Reimer. The puck got through the traffic in front and just squeezed through a gap between Reimer's left arm and leg.

Kulemin tied it up with just less than five minutes left in the third. The Leafs were pressing all period but Giguere kept them out until he was unable to hold onto a Dion Phaneuf shot. Kulemin was there to pick up the rebound and found the open side for his first of the season.

"I thought it was big point that we battled back to get, to be completely honest. We didn't play our best 40 minutes. We were down 2-1 going into the third," Phaneuf said. "I thought it was a big goal late in the game to get that point and to push it to overtime.

"We're not happy with the loss but we'll take that point and move forward."
Back to top Go down
http://www.dealnfl.com/

Avalanche end Leafs' unbeaten streak in OT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Singapore Glamberts :: CALENDAR of IMPORTANT EVENTS! :: The Singapore Glamberts CALENDAR-
Jump to: